Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And so it begins...

Hello! I'm running the Chicago Marathon on October 9th with Team World Vision to help change lives in Africa. The needs are great, but I believe there is something we can do, together.

A few years ago I ran the Columbus Marathon, and during the race I said to myself, “I’m never running another marathon.” Well, as my parents always said, “Never say never.” A couple of months ago the pastor at my church announced that they were starting a team to run the marathon and raise money for Africa…more specifically for Kenya. Right away, I knew I was going to eat my words from a few years ago because I just had to join the team. 

I know this is going to be a challenge for me through training and fundraising, but I am looking forward to the outcome. Throughout fundraising and training I want to keep everyone as involved as I can, so I am going to be blogging about my journey here.

With that said, I'll handle the running, but will you prayfully consider make a donation on my behalf? Together we can help change lives in Africa. Please go to my personal fundraising page to make a donation to this important cause. Donations are tax deductible

No comments:

Post a Comment